Axis Direct was incorporated in 2005 as a subsidiary of Axis Bank Ltd, a leading private bank in India. Axis Securities is a full-service broker along with Angel Broking, ICICI Direct, HDFC Securities, etc that offering stockbroking services and distribution of financial products to retail customers in India through its AxisDirect brand. AxisDirect is among the top stock brokers in India.
AxisDirect provides a platform for investment in Equities, Mutual Fund, SIP, IPO, Derivatives, Bond, NCD, ETF, and Company Fixed Deposits. Axis Sec also offers Home Loans, Auto Loans, Personal Loans, Loans against Property, Loans against Shares, and Loans for SMEs, Credit, and Prepaid Cards to retail customers.
AxisDirect offers an integrated 3-in-1 Trading, Demat, and Bank account similar to ICICIdirect, HDFC Sec, and Kotak Securities. This 3-in-1 account offers a seamless transaction ability between the three accounts.
AxisDirect’s Trading Platforms
Axis Securities offer multiple trading platforms based on customers investment style and requirements.
- DirectTrade: It is a Desktop trading application that has advanced charting, auto-refreshing order/trade/position books, and high-frequency updates of the market rate. This trading terminal is suitable for high-frequency traders and investors. The DirectTrade Terminal also offers live streaming quotes, Fully Customisable Multiple Market Watch, and Quick access to order placement and reports to its customers. The DirectTrade is available at an additional cost of Rs 2999 per year to its clients.
- Swift Trade: A Java applet-based light-weight trading platform that offers the functionality of a trading terminal in a web browser.
- Mobile Trading: AxisDirect Mobile trading App allows customers to trade in Equity and Derivatives segments through your smartphone.
- AxisDirect Lite: AxisDirect Lite is low bandwidth, a user-friendly trading platform that allows customers to trade in Equities and Derivatives even on a slower internet connection from their devices.
AxisDirect Brokerage Charges
Axis Direct Account Opening Charges
|3-in-1 Account Opening Charges||₹999|
|Demat Account Opening Charges||₹0|
|Demat Account AMC||₹650 per year (free for 1st year)|
Axis Default Fixed Brokerage Plan
In this plan, the brokerage is charged in % of the transaction. This plan is suitable for casual stock market investors and beginners. The brokerage charged in this plan is as below:
|Trading Segment||Brokerage Charges|
|Equity Delivery||0.50% (Each Leg)|
|Equity Intraday||0.05% (Each Leg)|
|Equity Future||0.05% (Each Leg)|
|Equity Options||Intraday: ₹0.01 per lot | Carry Forward: ₹10 per lot|
|Currency Futures||0.05% (Each Leg)|
|Currency Options||Intraday: ₹0.01 per lot | Carry Forward: ₹10 per lot|
|Commodity Futures||0.03% (Each Leg)|
|Commodity Options||₹50 per lot|
Axis Trade@20 Brokerage Plan
Axis Direct Trade@20 plan is a discount brokerage plan to compete with discount brokers. The customer pays a flat fee brokerage of ₹20 per executed order for online Equity and Equity Derivatives trading. A trader should note that a quarterly balance of ₹75,000 is required in the linked Axis Bank account to avail of this plan. The broker-assisted trades (i.e. call & trade) cost an extra Rs 20 per order.
The Trade@20 comes with free access to the AxisDirect website, Axis Direct Mobile trading App, and Direct Trader (installable trading terminal) software on your desktop or laptop.
|Trading Segment||Brokerage Charges|
|Equity Delivery||₹20 per executed order|
|Equity Intraday||₹20 per executed order|
|Equity Future||₹20 per executed order|
|Equity Options||₹20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures||Not Applicable|
|Currency Options||Not Applicable|
|Commodity Futures||Not Applicable|
|Commodity Options||Not Applicable|
Axis Direct Other Brokerage Charges (Hidden Fees)
|Axis Direct Minimum Brokerage||₹20 per trade|
|Call & Trade Service||₹20 per call|
|Brokerage Plan Modification Charge||₹500 per quarter|
|Trade@20 Plan maintenance charges for Non-Axis Bank customers||₹250 per month|
|Payment Gateway Charges (For Non-Axis Bank Customers)||₹9 per transfer|
Axis Direct Exposure Margin
AxisDirect leverage for intraday trading, delivery, options trading, currency, and commodities are:
|Equity Delivery||100% (1x)|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 10x|
|Equity Future||100% (1x)|
|Equity Options||100% (1x)|
|Currency Future||100% (1x)|
|Currency Options||100% (1x)|
|Commodity Options||100% (1x)|
Axis Direct Pros and Cons
- Axis Direct offers a 3-in-1 account.
- The trade@20 plan offers to trade at a flat rate of Rs 20 per trade.
- Offers a large number of products to trade on single platform.
- Axis Direct offers free research reports.
- Axis Direct offers classroom sessions, webinars, Online Tutorials & Articles.
- The trade@20 plan requires Rs 75000 Average quarterly balance.
- The Trade@20 plan is not available for currency & commodity trading.
- Trading fee of Rs500 in case Average quarterly balance not maintained.
- Very high brokerage charges if you do not take the Trade@20 plan.
The broker offers great brokerage at Rs. 20 per executed order as a full-service broker. Axis Direct offers great trading platforms that include websites, terminals, and Stock Trading Apps that make it easy to use platform.